There was a time when I was a kid, my parents used to drop me at any aunt's or a neighbor' place for sometime till they came back. Those days are over now. Watching the news over and over, about rape and sexual abuse stories, people have learned to distrust every neighbor and relative.
Delhi gang rape case made me realize that its a good idea to buy a pepper spray and keep it in my bag always; especially when I go out in the evenings. The news has had its effect. The false sense of security that we had about ourselves and others has vanished. We are left with no option but to distrust anyone and everyone around us.
Although the awareness is for good, but I am sad that instead of making concrete changes, we have succumbed to the pressure by only learning to distrust.
No comments:
Post a Comment