Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I want to be a child again

Today, while coming back from office, I sat in the bus beside a pony-tailed girl in brown school-uniform. I had my earphones plugged in as usual when I realized she had started talking to me.

"My exam was good. I left one question, attempted all the rest. So relieved the Maths exam is over. I have got History on Wednesday. After that I would be freeeeeee!!! History is so boring. Maths is much more interesting. I just can't memorize anything in History..." So on she went on babbling incessantly.

I was happily amused at the girl's chatter. Only kids can do that. They speak their heart out. They aren't afraid of talking to a stranger. Grown ups don't do that; they see everybody with suspicion. When she stepped out of the bus, She even waved me good bye.

Thanks Khushboo, (the chubby girl from New English High School, who lives somewhere near Nal Stop) for inspiring me to be a child again! To be confident, super-duper-happy & free of inhibitions! You rock!

2 comments: