Blogging has enriched my life in more ways than I thought; when I first decided to dabble my way through the Blogosphere..Here's how:
Am giving back to the web: Most of the people reading this would realize the point. Years of reading on the web, sometimes relevant, sometimes totally offbeat, has increased our knowledge. But this feeling comes back again and again that we are just taking from the web. Not adding anything to it. So blogging proved to be both an intellectual and emotional outlet for my thoughts. Plus its an apt place to voice out the personal opinions. Lol, I don't know either am adding value or adding more brainless rumination to it. You decide.
Building Relationships: When I interacted with other bloggers, through Blogaholic and Indiblogger, it enriched my perspective, widened my thoughts and made me some great fellow Indian Bloggers who write fantabulously. Finding like-minded people who share the same views is indeed a driving force. When someone comments on my blog that they like it, it makes my day!!
Freedom To Write: I have been trying my hands on feature writing in magazines for some time. To see my article in print gives me an adrenaline rush every time. While I don't question the power of printed word, and the fact that it still reaches a bigger audience (in India, perhaps). There I had to produce a controlled output; working under the constraints like the issue's theme, the topic assigned to me, and word limit. Blogging has given me the freedom to write whatever I want. Word limit is mine; so are the theme and the content. My writer's block gets cured every time I blog.
Am giving back to the web: Most of the people reading this would realize the point. Years of reading on the web, sometimes relevant, sometimes totally offbeat, has increased our knowledge. But this feeling comes back again and again that we are just taking from the web. Not adding anything to it. So blogging proved to be both an intellectual and emotional outlet for my thoughts. Plus its an apt place to voice out the personal opinions. Lol, I don't know either am adding value or adding more brainless rumination to it. You decide.
Building Relationships: When I interacted with other bloggers, through Blogaholic and Indiblogger, it enriched my perspective, widened my thoughts and made me some great fellow Indian Bloggers who write fantabulously. Finding like-minded people who share the same views is indeed a driving force. When someone comments on my blog that they like it, it makes my day!!
Freedom To Write: I have been trying my hands on feature writing in magazines for some time. To see my article in print gives me an adrenaline rush every time. While I don't question the power of printed word, and the fact that it still reaches a bigger audience (in India, perhaps). There I had to produce a controlled output; working under the constraints like the issue's theme, the topic assigned to me, and word limit. Blogging has given me the freedom to write whatever I want. Word limit is mine; so are the theme and the content. My writer's block gets cured every time I blog.And its the Best Get-Away from the daily life nitty-gritty, boring studies and ever-boring work. Something I do with passion. ;)

gr8! best of luck for freelancing; and yeah as far as giving back the knowledge goes, we must give back to the society, and rather try to give more than what we have already taken.
ReplyDeleteHowever, take care not to give back the same thing to internet what you took in the first place. Let some variety flow.
:P
yep, i will keep d last point in mind..Thank you...:)
DeleteVery well said Nupur.. I totally agree with what you said..
ReplyDeleteThanks Surbhi :) :)
DeleteThank you..looking forward to more feedback from you...;)
ReplyDeleteBlogging can do wonders and magic in your life..Count on my words
ReplyDeleteexperiencing the same..:)
Delete