This is my advice to people who; like me are stuck sometimes with writer's block, and feel they can't write anything.
I sifted through motivational books, newspaper articles and (more recently) blogs, but I still could not inspire myself to do more writing solely because of any such reading. I might say that my mind is more of a non-absorber. I just read to read; passively. Don't implement it at all.
But I discovered a solution that works for me every time. And that is writing itself. As I am writing right now; lots of new topics to write occur to me. But when I read the others for inspiration, I write nothing.
Its about building momentum, I can say. As I write, I build up the steam that drives me to write more. One story leads to another. But when I pause for a break, and if the break becomes lengthier, everything goes haywire.
So, instead of reading and waiting for inspiration to come; just start writing. Typing the first few words is the most difficult task. From then on its downhill in terms of effort, and gratifying in terms of outcome.
I sifted through motivational books, newspaper articles and (more recently) blogs, but I still could not inspire myself to do more writing solely because of any such reading. I might say that my mind is more of a non-absorber. I just read to read; passively. Don't implement it at all.
But I discovered a solution that works for me every time. And that is writing itself. As I am writing right now; lots of new topics to write occur to me. But when I read the others for inspiration, I write nothing.
Its about building momentum, I can say. As I write, I build up the steam that drives me to write more. One story leads to another. But when I pause for a break, and if the break becomes lengthier, everything goes haywire.
So, instead of reading and waiting for inspiration to come; just start writing. Typing the first few words is the most difficult task. From then on its downhill in terms of effort, and gratifying in terms of outcome.
Thats a good idea...Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteRegards
village girl
Thank you... :)
Deletecorrectly put :)
ReplyDeletethnx :)
DeleteCompletely agree with this. I have personally have experienced this. When I stop writing, no matter what, I cannot write. And one fine day, I put up all my courage and write that first post after a long gap and more posts follow.
ReplyDelete