When I read the success stories, I want to have mine lined up there.
These people seen more familiar to me than the people I meet everyday.
When I read their books, I feel as if I am having a one-to-one
conversation with them.
Btw I found a great quote on books by Carl Sagan with remarkably similar views:
"A book is made from a tree. It is an assemblage of flat, flexible
parts (still called "leaves") imprinted with dark pigmented squiggles.
One glance at it and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps
someone dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, the author
is speaking, clearly and silently, inside your head, directly to you.
Writing is perhaps the greatest of human inventions, binding together
people, citizens of distant epochs, who never knew one another. Books
break the shackles of time, proof that humans can work magic."
Well, then so is Internet...;)

No comments:
Post a Comment