Rewind to 2011, when Google Plus was in beta, there was a fervor about the incredible new social network that's going to outrun Facebook. I too was eager to get a Google Plus invite like everybody else.
But over the months, Google Plus fever died down. Though I keep come across articles by 'experts' claiming the importance of a Google+ page; Google+ has yet to make any difference to my online persona.
I dabble with Google+ profile when I have absolutely nothing else to do online. But honestly, I don't check the updates from my 'Circle' with 1% of the interest with which I do on FB. I don't bother to see who's in my Circle, whom I should add, who did what here. This social network has no use for me. I am happily addicted to FB, tweak my LinkedIn profile every week, and do mindless tweeting on Twitter whenever I have a word to spread.
I don't get what Google+ can do. Its not for friends, for friends are really not there ;)
Its not for business, LinkedIn does a better job. So its just another profile that fills up my inbox with updates. Its an example of the extreme hype of a product that was pronounced to be a success by experts well before it could prove. And did not live up to the expectations.
Comments, both for and against Google+ are welcome :)
You might also like reading:
Phones will replace laptops, Really?
Britannica vs Wikipedia
But over the months, Google Plus fever died down. Though I keep come across articles by 'experts' claiming the importance of a Google+ page; Google+ has yet to make any difference to my online persona.
I dabble with Google+ profile when I have absolutely nothing else to do online. But honestly, I don't check the updates from my 'Circle' with 1% of the interest with which I do on FB. I don't bother to see who's in my Circle, whom I should add, who did what here. This social network has no use for me. I am happily addicted to FB, tweak my LinkedIn profile every week, and do mindless tweeting on Twitter whenever I have a word to spread.
I don't get what Google+ can do. Its not for friends, for friends are really not there ;)
Its not for business, LinkedIn does a better job. So its just another profile that fills up my inbox with updates. Its an example of the extreme hype of a product that was pronounced to be a success by experts well before it could prove. And did not live up to the expectations.
Comments, both for and against Google+ are welcome :)
You might also like reading:
Phones will replace laptops, Really?
Britannica vs Wikipedia
.png)
Cool,I like this blog
ReplyDelete