I am on my way to Nagpur. As the bus is heading away from Pune, I see the haphazard growth of a city, with construction on an exponential scale. All of it to accomodate 20 something professionals like me, I guess, who came to work here and made it their home now.
Extra-large hoarding display happy faces of couples (models obviously) with perfect teeth in a little haven and an animated model of under-construction apartment. Intriguing taglines. Advertisers are at work indeed.
I had heard from a friend who had grown up in Pune, that Kothrud was all empty terrain 15 years back. Most of the buildings reflect their age; not more than 10 years.
I am glad but a little worried about being a resident of a city growing so fast.
Sent from my Nokia E6
Extra-large hoarding display happy faces of couples (models obviously) with perfect teeth in a little haven and an animated model of under-construction apartment. Intriguing taglines. Advertisers are at work indeed.
I had heard from a friend who had grown up in Pune, that Kothrud was all empty terrain 15 years back. Most of the buildings reflect their age; not more than 10 years.
I am glad but a little worried about being a resident of a city growing so fast.
Sent from my Nokia E6

Why worried abt the growth ?...
ReplyDeletem worried abt d haphazard growth..many areas with these posh new apartments r not yet under municipal corp..so there was water crisis for whole summer..
DeleteHappy Journey!!!
ReplyDeleteR u frm Nagpur?
Indeed growth of Pune is mind boggling but this city still hold a lot of places which can sooth hearts and souls a like. Few isolated corners of this city are truly magical
thnx..yep i am..
Deleteloved ur line "Few isolated corners of this city are truly magical"...:)
wowie great to knw..m frm nagpur too :P
DeleteI'm worried too. pollution, population and a lot of other things to worry about.
ReplyDelete