I guess I am one of the very few people who are yet to give up on Symbian. I agree that Nokia's great OS has lost the battle to Android, BB-OS and iOS. But I am sticking to Symbian for as much time as I can. Maybe till Nokia scraps it.
The best part about Symbian is its familiarity. I have seen luddites buying a new Blackberry or Windows phone and then racking their brains out to learn to use even the basic features.
I love all things simple. The other thing that makes me keep this OS is that I am fine without the dazzling apps, glossy screens and endless gaming, and a huge drain on the wallet. I won't be spending much time mind-boggling over my cellphone, so I guess I would be utilizing my time. As it is, gadgets are great distractors.
After a long time I searched on Nokia Store, and found this app, that am writing the post on. Its called Blob, and is developed by Anand Bibek. Although the free version was useless as in had no features; the full version is good. The best part was I was amazed to find that there is a blogger app for Symbian.
I am sad that ping.fm has been stopped. It was such a great app. The company that bought it has changed it to Seismic Ping, which is a totally screwed-up s/w. After fiddling for 15 minutes, I didn't understand what to do with it, and gave up.
I had bought my E6 with Symbian Anna installed, then upgraded it to Belle OS. No plans to change it in near future.
The best part about Symbian is its familiarity. I have seen luddites buying a new Blackberry or Windows phone and then racking their brains out to learn to use even the basic features.
I love all things simple. The other thing that makes me keep this OS is that I am fine without the dazzling apps, glossy screens and endless gaming, and a huge drain on the wallet. I won't be spending much time mind-boggling over my cellphone, so I guess I would be utilizing my time. As it is, gadgets are great distractors.
After a long time I searched on Nokia Store, and found this app, that am writing the post on. Its called Blob, and is developed by Anand Bibek. Although the free version was useless as in had no features; the full version is good. The best part was I was amazed to find that there is a blogger app for Symbian.
I am sad that ping.fm has been stopped. It was such a great app. The company that bought it has changed it to Seismic Ping, which is a totally screwed-up s/w. After fiddling for 15 minutes, I didn't understand what to do with it, and gave up.
I had bought my E6 with Symbian Anna installed, then upgraded it to Belle OS. No plans to change it in near future.
I gave up on Symbian after my Nokia c7 simply refused to behave! Switched over to BlackBerry last year, and its been totally worth it :)
ReplyDeleteYes Ash..we all know that by the ode to your constant companion and friend BB.. :)
DeleteI started my smartphone life with a windows phone. then shifted to android and now I'm into symbian belle. I loved windows os because it let me use my phone almost like a pc. The android didn't impress me much except for the app choice. But to be frank, it's only after I bought my new Symbian phone, I have a feeling that I own a phone. Simple, robust and does exactly what it must do without compromising on looks and performance. For now, I'm loving it and is going to stay with me for a while. :)
ReplyDeleteyep..Symbian Belle is both robust and good-looking..better than the earlier Symbian versions..thanks for commenting Leopaw!!
Deletei dont choose mobile for its OS :) i still use Symbian and i have a basic Nokia model :P
ReplyDeleteits good u dont wry abt the OSes like the rest..the basic Nokia models are based on Java i guess..
Deletei still use a 3 year old nokia 5233 and it simply refuses to die, no matter how many times i drop it, throw it or play catch with it.
ReplyDeletelol..even my phone stubbornly refuses to die, every time i drop it, i am sure it some feature would go wrong but nothing happens to it..
Deletedats y i am a loyal nokia fan :)