Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quick Reference Guide to Blogosphere

I am a newbie in Blogosphere. My blog is only 4 months old. But here's your handy reference to blogosphere and bloggers as I have understood them:

The Newbies, people like me, who are dabbling in it; from a few days/weeks/months. You will find newbies showering lovely compliments on every new follower and commenter. They check their stats daily, sometimes hourly, to see the milestones 100-200-500 and so on. When I crossed my first 1000 pageviews mark, it gave me more confidence boost than winning a beauty contest would have :)

The Seasoned/Expert Bloggers who are still reachable: their blogs have celebrated their 1st/2nd anniversary. There is a lot more chance that they won't be giving up on blogging anytime soon. They have grown a considerable following. But they are still wondering why hardly 10% of them respond to any posts.

The Blogging Heroes who are reaping profits from their blogs: their blogs are a resource of immense value to readers. Blogging has given them independence and identity. Now they write ebooks on how to build a blog with 10k subscribers etc. But somewhere; in the midst of it all, they have lost the ability to touch their readers' life; like a blog with limited but loyal readers have.

8 comments:

  1. One - Thank you for swinging by http://dragonflies-at-dawn.blogspot.com/ and following along. It's always a bright spot of my day to see a new face!
    Two - I'm also a newbie to blogging. I still get a thrill from each new like on the facebook wall and each time I reach another views milestone. Hopefully I always will, and with any luck, you will too. I think that's what makes anything successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for d wishes :)
    Perhaps we have to memorize each word of Blogging for Dummies or some such book for that..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha ... i could really relate with the definition of "Newbies".....specially the line "newbies showering lovely compliments on every new follower and commenter. They check their stats daily, sometimes hourly, to see the milestones 100-200-500" :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Green Speck aka amrit..both of us are in d newbie phase rt nw so we can appreciate it.. :)
    Hope we become seasoned bloggers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, i am a newbie too. my blog is just over 6 months old. yes, i do refresh my statcounter on a regular basis and look for new visitors all the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahha...very true..they check their stats many times a day :)..I do !! haha

    ReplyDelete